Fourka Halkidiki Greece
Another rather large village on west coast of Kassandra Peninsula is Fourka. Fourka is divided into 2 settlements: the traditional village and seaside settlement "Skala Fourkas", which are at a distance of 3 km. Skala fourkas is a very popular summer destination, as there are famous beach bars, water sport centers, nightclubs and bars, shops and fish taverns. Skala Fourkas is famous for its atmospheric sunsets, which color the sky with beautiful red and orange shades. Fourka combines nature, as there are pine and olive trees, flowers and hiking routes around the village, with entertainment and nightlife. An interesting walking trail that starts from the village and leads to Kassandria is Kassandria-Lekani-Fourka hiking route.
- The central church of Fourka, called "Tris Ierarches" (three prelates), which was designed by the architect Xenofonta Peonidi, from Fourka. Behind the church there is a monument of fallen Fourka citizens during period 1840-1930.
- Agia Paraskevi church, constructed in 1857 and located in the centre of the village.
- An old church of Agios Athanasios, built in about 1600, with admirable frescoes. The church is located in Fourka 's cemetery.
- Zoodochou Pigi church, at Mavroutsa site in the mountains. There were wall paintings, from which only one is still visible. At Mavroutsa site there was an old settlement, which was destroyed at some point by pirates.
- At the opposite mountain there is another old church, called "Panagias Meletis". It is located in the position of a former settlement and it is domed cruciform.
- Agias Marinas church is a newest one. Every year on 16th July Agias Marinas feast takes place. This is the biggest feast in Kassandra peninsula, in which it is worth participating.
Other sightseeing in Fourka include some old houses on Skala Fourka beach, among which are old fishermen homes and a historical warehouse. Near the coast there are also buildings of archaeological value. Some byzantine findings were found at the remnants of the temple of Agios Ioannis. Another sightseeing is a rare mill, where barks were grinded and a special powder was developed This served as paint, which made fishing nets more resistant. At the central square of Fourka beach there is an old cannon, recovered from the sea, where it remained for about 70 years. The cannon is rescued from 1940 war.